- What is your “day job” and how many hours do you work in a week?
I am the Business Manager for David Yurman jewelry at Neiman Marcus Beverly Hills.
- What is your business? (What do you sell/who do you serve and why?)
I help soloprenuers enhance their websites to be more engaging to build their client list and generate more sales.
- For how many years have you run a business alongside your regular job?
- Why did you decide to start a business?
I am limited in my income at Neiman Marcus and want to grow my business so that it is my main source of income.
- In your first 6 months of starting your business, please list out the top 3 pain points you struggled with:
- Not having enough time
- Connecting to my ideal client
- Lacked the big picture of creating a plan, strategy and funnel
- How did you overcome these pain points?
I took classes and joined a mastermind group
- How good are you at delegating tasks to others?
I don’t delegate, I do everything myself. I do employ time saving services such as Leadpages, Meet Edgar, Canva for Business.
- Do you feel you have a good balance between your job, business and personal life. If yes, how did you achieve this? If no – why not?
No, I do not have a good balance. I am gone for my day job 12 hours a day, 5 days per week. I have almost no time for a social life.
- What are your top 3 tips for people starting a business alongside their regular jobs?
- Invest in yourself: take classes to master social media. Pick your top 2 channels and focus on those.
- Create content: video, blogging. Squeeze these tasks in where you can: on your lunch break, work on a FB live, or blog post.
- Make sure there is a market for what you sell and that you have a unique position to serve that market.
- If you could change one thing about your start up process when you started your business what would that be?
Been more disciplined to stick to a weekly schedule of tasks.
- Do you have plans to transition to full time business owner? Why?
Yes, once I get my current business booked out for 6 months, full time.
Learn More: http://thewebsitecritique.com/home-page-checklist/